Puopolo’s Press Releases
Welcome to Puopolo’s Press Release page. At Puopolo’s, we recognize the importance of what others say about us. This includes our individual customers, as well as, those in the news, entertainment and media industry. Puopolo’s Press Release and/or Media page recognizes those in the media industry who have contributed feedback to helping us build our brand as the best ice cream store in Tulsa. We appreciate media/press releases as they go beyond the normal day-to-day operations and offer background on our company’s impact, vision and values to a large segment of our community.
Discover Oklahoma Television
Puopolo’s was pleased to be featured on Discover Oklahoma television series on July 24th, 2021. The interviewer was Dino Lalli, Emmy nominated journalist, and the Videographer was Brian Boone. Dino and Brian did an excellent job capturing the essence of Puopolo’s from our story of starting a business, to our delicious and unique dessert products, in understanding the dynamics of a family busines and also our Tips for Charity program. We all had a great day as friends and family were invited for the taping of the show. Following the airing of the program, we were amazed to see people from all parts of Oklahoma come visit our store. Within a 2–3-week period, we met many new customers who would drive 1-2 hours to see us, and even had one family drive 3+ hours to our store just because they saw us on Discover Oklahoma television. We are very blessed and fortunate to be featured as we were and appreciate the hard work and time Dino and Brian put into our taping, editing and airing.
Tulsa News Outlets
KTUL – 8 News Channel: Good Day Tulsa
- Puopolo’s first experience in the media was on KTUL (channel 8-Tulsa) Good Day Tulsa, in June of 2019. We had just celebrated our Grand Opening of the store and were privileged to be guests on GDT. Jim, Kris and Abby appeared on the show and were afforded the opportunity to spend several minutes sharing about Puopolo’s, the new product offering we were bringing to Tulsa, our family and our recent transition from Philly to Tulsa. We saw a lot of visitors as a result of appearing on GDT at that time.
- Jim also had the opportunity to appear on Good Day Tulsa in the Spring/Summer of 2020. It was not to long after the COVID-19 epidemic had hit the United States and closures saw most restaurants restrict dine-in privileges. After several months, Tulsa was just starting to ease some restrictions, but still used caution by distancing, masks, and reduced occupancy rates. Puopolo’s was approaching our 1-year anniversary, and part of our celebration included appearing on GDT. We were able to share with the Tulsa community about our store precautions to ensure people’s safety, but also to celebrate our first year in business. GDT has been a very valuable resource for many businesses and organizations in the Tulsa area to help promote events, news, happenings and other opportunities within our city.
KJRH – 2 News Channel: Feature with Cori Duke, Morning News Anchor
- Toward the end of our first year in business we were fortunate to have Core Duke, Morning News Anchor on KJRH (Channel 2 – Tulsa), visit and interview us. It was in November, close to Thanksgiving, and the focus centered on Puopolo’s Tips for Charity program. In our first 6-months of operation we were fortunate to have raised over $11K for local non-profit organizations. In attendance with us that morning was Lisa Bain of Joy in the Cause ministries. Lisa’s organization was recently recognized as one of our Tips for Charity recipients and was there to receive funds collected for her organization. Puopolo’s has been fortunate to meet so many good and faithful people who dedicate their time, money and resources for the greater good of our city. Lisa is one of those people and it was a pleasure to be there with her. Today, Lisa has a new focus, Lisa Bain Ministries, and continues to do good work in making our community a better place for all.
KOTV – 6 News Channel: Feature with Iron Gate of Tulsa
- In Summer, 2021, Puopolo’s participated in Iron Gate’s 2-year anniversary of their new facility by providing free desserts/treats to Tulsa’s homeless. Iron Gate’s mission is to feed the homeless of Tulsa in three ways, through their soup kitchen, their grocery pantry, and Kids pantry. Puopolo’s alignment came by way of Iron Gate being selected as a Puopolo Tips for Charity recipient for 2022. During the review process we learned of Iron Gate’s 2-year anniversary and wanted to donate free treats to the homeless. A news reported for KOTV, Channel 6 News, did a wonderful job showing the good work Iron Gate does in supporting our community, and even showed Puopolo’s giving treats to the people.
KRMG 102.3 FM – Tulsa Talk Radio
Another benefit from Puopolo’s Grand Opening Press Release in June 2019 came from being interviewed by Ben Morgan of KRMG Talk Radio Tulsa. Ben is a wonderful young man and came to our store to visit and interview us. We were able to introduce Ben to our desserts and unique offerings and then spent time discussing Puopolo’s and Tulsa. Ben did a wonderful job during the interview to keep us focused on the right areas and asked probing questions. We recognize the importance of Talk Radio and understand that many people get their news from this source. We also had many people visit our store as a result of our discussion with Ben and appreciate the hard work that is done in reporting and getting out information to the public.
Tulsa World Magazine
In our first year of opening, Puopolo’s was featured several times in Tulsa World Magazine. The first was an interview by Scott Cherry (Food Critic), and the second was Puopolo’s making the list of Tulsa’s Top 50 for 2019!
- Scott Cherry was a well-known food critic for Tulsa and Tulsa World Magazine. When he came to visit Puopolo’s, we had a wonderful time sharing our desserts, our story and our desire to give back to the community. Scott was well versed in Italian Gelato and appreciated the time and attention we took in the details of our business. A little-known fact most people don’t know is that during Scott’s visit he was looking for a cherry & chocolate dessert combination, but at the time we did not have exactly what he was looking for. Our son, Tim went immediately to work and created the CherryBomb Strati ~ a combination of Cherry Italian Ice, Chocolate Soft Serve, Chocolate Sauce and Maraschino Cherries! So, to this day, the CherryBomb Strati is in dedication to Scott Cherry, food critic of Tulsa World Magazine!
- A remarkable think occurred within our first 3-months of opening…Puopolo’s made Tulsa’s Top-50 List for 2019. The Uncle Dan Strati started as part of our ‘secret menu’, because we were just in process of developing ‘Strati’s’. However, a number of journalist from Tulsa World came out and were so enamored by the Uncle Dan Strati that they made it #19 of the Top 50 in Tulsa list for 2019!